Linguine with Tomatoes, Baby Zucchini and Herbs

Friday, September 04, 2009

Another great tomato recipe that I discovered this summer was the Linguine with Tomatoes, Baby Zucchini and Herbs in Food & Wine's August issue. (The article, 'The Cook The Farmer & The Tomato,' has several other tomato-centric recipes I am still dying to try.) I followed the recipe the first time, but upped the quantities of both garlic and herbs a bit--what can I say, I like garlic. I also forgot the red chile when shopping, so we substituted dried, crushed red pepper, which gave it that bit of kick.

Since that first test-drive, I've made this pasta several times. It's an easy, delicious way to enjoy summer herbs and vegetables at their best. The only cooking required is boiling a pot of water, so it's also a great choice for hot, New York City apartments. Plus, it makes for a really delicious leftover lunch the next day. Yum!

2 comments:

Joanna Goddard said...

this looks so delicious!

Laura Fenton said...

Thank you, it was! We made it several times this summer.

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger