Simple Summer Recipes

Friday, September 11, 2009


I don't mean to be so recipe-centric, but I guess I've been cooking a lot lately. Here are four more recipes I have tried and liked in recent days:

Last Friday, I tried a Soy-Glazed Flank Steak from Everyday Food, which I cooked on a Le Creuset grill pan, since I lack an actual barbecue, and it was tasty. To accompany the steak I made a basic green salad and roasted new potatoes. I served them with another recipe from the Food & Wine article I mentioned, this one was a simple tomato salad with herbs and Parmigiano-Reggiano. For dessert, I made roasted plums (again from Everyday Food); they were delicious served with vanilla ice cream.

Then last night, I cooked this Seared Salmon with Balsamic Glaze, which appears in The Gourmet Cookbook (a personal favorite). We only cooked 1 lb. of fish, so I halved the ingredients on the glaze and only needed three minutes per side.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger