Tomato Salad with Olives and Lemon

Thursday, September 03, 2009

I made this delicious tomato salad recipe from Everyday Food last night, and it's a definitely a keeper of a recipe. (I used a combination of yellow and red tomatoes and pitted Kalamata olives. ) If you plan to make it yourself, the recipe on Martha Stewart's site has a typo--it's 1/4 cup of olives, not 1/4 gallon.

I also tried out a spinach and bacon frittata recipe from the September issue that was good, but it wasn't one I am dying to try again. I served both with a simple salad of endive, radicchio and baby arugula with vinaigrette and baguette and fancy, salted Irish butter. (I have decided the expensive butter is worth every penny, and I use so little that it's not a huge indulgence. However, Land 'O Lakes is still my go-to for baking.) All in all, a lovely, late summer meal.

Happy cooking!

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger