Homemade Iced Tea

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Bottled iced tea has to be one of the most wasteful and overpriced beverages, especially when you can make a pitcher yourself for just a few cents. All summer I've been brewing myself pitchers of custom tinctures, and one favorite combo has been two Tazo Ginger-Green tea bags paired with two mint tea bags.

From the age of 14 until almost 21, I held jobs at a number of different coffee shops. In fact, I still get recognized on the street at the "Grey Dog Girl" despite the fact that I haven't worked there since 2001. One thing I learned during my barista years is that a cup of hot tea chilled will become cloudy. To prevent the cloudiness, you can brew a small concentrated quantity of hot tea (as you can see me doing above) and then dilute it with cold water for a clearer cup of iced tea.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger