A16: Food + Wine Cookbook

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

My sweet boyfriend bought me the A16: Food + Wine cookbook because A16 is one of his favorite restaurants. We've spent the last week cooking out of it, and half a dozen recipes later, I can safely say that I love this book. I wasn't at all surprised to learn that last spring, the International Association of Culinary Professionals named A16: Food + Wine its Cookbook of the Year.

Of the recipes we have tried, the Roasted Potatoes And Cauliflower With Red Onion, Capers And Chiles recipe was delicious and the Pistachio And Almond Cake With Orange Salad was nothing short of divine--I'd buy the book just for that Pistachio And Almond Cake recipe.

Co-author of A16: Food + Wine and James Beard Foundation "Rising Star Chef," Nate Appleman is about to open Pulino's, a restaurant here in New York City, with Keith McNally. I can't wait to eat there! In the meantime, I'm looking forward to reading about the venture in this week's New York magazine.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger