Digest 5.12.20

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

My family has been been staying home for two months now. It was a strange time to launch my first book into the world, to say the least. We're still very much adapting to our new reality, and still striving to live small as best we can. Here are some things that have delighted and/or distracted me during this difficult time that you might enjoy too:

Daydreaming about this Orient farmhouse. (Side note: I'd give my eye teeth for one of those round Hans Olsen tables in the corner of the sun room above.)

I have always loved Erin's everyday minimalism (plus: catch her live on Thursday May 14th via Zoom).

Joe Yonan's cookbook Cool Beans has been a lifeline.

This book has me looking at architecture in a whole new way. (So did this one.)

Currently reading this beautiful book.

Bittman's foolproof flapjacks on repeat.

Tips for using whole-grain flours.

And one wonderful chocolate cake to lift your spirits (thanks, Ina!).

Buy Nothing—now more than ever. (Can't wait to read the book!)

The Postal Service is in trouble. Buy some stamps! Send some mail!

The Bible of British Taste. 


PLUS: Me other places (not book-related):

10 sustainable home décor brands on RealSimple.com

How to start an eco-friendly laundry routine on Curbed

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger