Michelle Adams's Michigan Home

Thursday, July 07, 2016

When I first saw former Lonny editor Michelle Adams's house in House Beautiful back in February, it didn't really make a big impression on me. However, when I leafed through the issue again this week, I was struck by the nice balance between the contemporary and modern design and the traditional—and that is a hard balance to strike (see previous post)!

Adams' cites the J.K. Place Capri hotel, as her main source of inspiration, but I spy influences of other decorators, as well. Here are a few of the rooms that caught my eye:

The dining room was clearly at least partially inspired by the Lonny office, designed by Flair Home. (I suspect those actually are the original Lonny drapes.) The contrast of antique-looking pieces and the totally traditional drapes with the clean-line chairs and china cabinets is great here.

Read on for more of this great house after the break:



This living room by Tom Scheerer seems like the inspiration for the master bedroom, and Scheerer's Sag Harbor project from his book Tom Scheerer Decorates, could also have been an inspiration for much of the house.

As Steve Jobs is often quoted as saying, "Good artists copy; great artists steal." And I would say Adams has successfully stolen ideas in a way that makes them truly her own: I love this house. See the rest of it on HouseBeautiful.com.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger