Modern Chintz

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Lately, I have been trying to reconcile my love of traditional, chintz fabrics and mid-century modern and contemporary furnishings. The two seem inherently at odds, and yet, I love them both so much! However, a few interior images have made me think that maybe my two loves aren't incompatible, after all. Here are a few examples of what I am thinking of as "modern chintz:"

A clean-lined wingback chair in a room designed by Lauren Liess for the 2011 DC Design House. She notes that the fabric is a Michael Smith/Jasper linen floral.

A chic, little midcentury modern chair upholstered in a traditional rose chintz spotted by Jenny Komenda from Little Green Notebook. 

Read on for more modern chintz ideas:




More mid-century-ish chairs with a traditional floral print (though not strictly speaking a "chintz") from the home of the designers behind the Pencil & Paper Co. 

Curtains made from Schumacher’s Pyne Hollyhock in charcoal juxtaposed with a mod IKEA bookcase and a Saarinen tulip table in the Lonny Magazine offices (via Cococozy).

Former Lonny editor Michelle Adams must have liked the look because she recreated it in her Michigan home (see here in House Beautiful). 
Fabulous Le Corbusier chairs upholstered in chintz (yes!) that Jenny Komenda bought at the Barney's display sale—I am so, so jealous of these beauties!

Craving more chintz inspiration? Check out this post from My Favorite And My Best.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger