Etsy Pop-Up Shop on Governor's Island

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Did you know that there's any Etsy pop-up shop on Governor's Island? Well, there is! My mother and I were wandering around on Sunday and discovered this lovely little shop. It was very well curated and I saw lots of things I would have loved to own, including a necklace made from vintage beads, which I ended up buying.

When my sister and I went to visit Governor's Island two years ago I wondered what they would do with all the buildings on the island, and I am glad to see them being used in a way that supports independent craftspeople. I also loved it that the shop felt very down-to-earth and genuine, and the ladies manning the shop that day were super-friendly. Be sure to stop in, if you visit the island.


1 comments:

Liz said...

That's so amazing! When I was a kid my Dad was in the Coast Guard and we lived on Governor's Island for about 3 years! I was only 7 when he got stationed in Louisiana and we had to move. It's been 12 years now. But I've always wondered what happened to Governor's Island because at one point I heard it had been completely shut down or something and it always made me a little sad because I have some very fond memories of living there. So it's so good to see something like this there and so good to know that it's not going completely to waste. I hope to make a visit one day.

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger