Hallway Closet Makeover - After

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Here's what the finished closet looks like. It's a tight fit, but we managed to get most of W.'s things in (the rest have taken up residence in my closet). The Elfa shelves were surprisingly easy to install and I would highly recommend them to anyone thinking about a DIY closet makeover.

Ties and belts hang from a special hanger that is hung from a simple hook at left. I'd originally thought that I'd put some screw-in hooks into the white board, but the special tie-belt hanger holds way more than hooks could. However, the white board was very handy in covering up the holes left by the molly bolts.

W. needed some storage for socks, so I mounted these Elfa baskets on the wall, which worked out well because the closet is so deep. I would have liked to match the baskets to the shelves, but the Container Store only had the metal baskets in stock and I couldn't be bothered to spray paint them white to match the shelves.

A garment bag at right contains W.'s suits and his vast collection of shirts fills the hanging bar.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love it! Great transformation.

Liz Fenton said...

The closet looks terrific, but where's all the junk that was there?

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger