Bedside Table Lamp: PBteen's Hi-Light Task Lamp

Thursday, August 19, 2010

When my fellow moved in, we swapped out my old Antifoni lamp from IKEA for a brass-based table lamp of his. While I love the look of the brass lamp, it doesn't seem quite right for a bedside table and it doesn't offer any control over the angle of the light. Plus, I feel like it would be nice for us to have a pair of matching lamps.

I've long-admired the classic Signal S1333 lamp, but at $450, it is nowhere near my budget. However, when I realized that PBteen's Hi-Light Task Lamp, a knock-off of Jean-Louis Domecq's iconic design, was on sale for $59, I thought to myself, that I may have found a good solution. The price is right and the dimensions for the Hi-Light and the old Antifoni seem similar, so I'm thinking about taking the plunge.

What do you think, dear readers? Will this lamp look good next to my bed?

3 comments:

Liz Fenton said...

In white, it looks a lot like the expensive one. Or you could get another one from Ikea.

Anne said...

hello - where did you get the lamp that is in the picture with the yellow pillow and glasses? that is amazing!! i would love one just like that, it is perfect! thanks!

Laura Fenton said...

It is from IKEA many years ago, and no longer available. If you really want one, I'd be willing to sell this one. Use the contact form on my site to send me an email.

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger