Archivia Books, A Bibliophile's Dream

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I can't believe it's taken me nearly two months to post about an amazing discovery: Archivia Books. I had the chance to visit this lovely shop when they hosted a small reception for Christina Strutt, author of the recently published At Home With Country and founder of Cabbages and Roses. I went uptown to the shop to meet Christina and interview her for ShelterPop, and I was thrilled to discover Archivia on the journey.

This jewel box of a book store specializes in books that focus on architecture, design, decorative arts, interiors, furniture, gardens, fine arts and fashion. I honestly nearly swooned when I saw the wares laid out on the center table. On top of a well-edited and exhaustive collection of titles, the shop itself if beautiful, calm and perfect in just about every way. I almost wish I lived on the Upper East Side so that I could stop in and visit this little oasis more often.

Archivia Books

993 Lexington Avenue
(between 71st and 72nd Streets)
New York, NY 10021

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger