20 Questions with Martha Stewart

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I have just discovered the Financial Times' 20 Questions column, and I was thrilled to discover that some of my favorite design world personalities have been profiled, including Sir Terence Conran and Martha Stewart. Here are a few gems from their Martha Stewart interview:

Did you ever think you’d end up where you are?

I never thought about where I would “end up”. In fact, much of my life and life’s work is yet to begin.

What do you like most about your job?

The diversity, the ability to meet interesting people, and that I learn something new every day.

And least?

The fact that not everything is always as optimistic or as fabulous as I would have it be.

When do you turn off your BlackBerry?


Never.

Who has been your biggest influence?

Great teachers, experts, artisans, superb chefs and craftsmen.

If you hadn’t been in business what would you have done?

I would have been a farmer and grower.

When do you want to retire?

I have no plans.

How do you want to be remembered?

As a really fine teacher.

4 comments:

from lara said...

these are genius! thanks for sharing :)

flwrjane said...

Thinking of you as I'm making my weekly batch of granola. Yes, weekly, that's how long it lasts the two of us! I'm almost afraid to try anymore of your recipes. Though I just found my romertopf pot in the attic so who knows!

D&D said...

god i love that woman.

flwrjane said...

Haven't heard from you in ever soooo long. Hope all is well.

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger