Schoolhouse Chic from The New York Times

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

This post on Remodelista yesterday reminded me about this great house that was featured in The New York Times earlier this year. Remodelista shows how to get the look of the classic bathroom in the home of designers Russell Groves and Neal Beckstedt (partners in the NY firm S. Russell Groves). For a full slides how tour of the rest of the East Hampton house, check out the gallery on nytimes.com.

I love the contrast of the crisp black and white with the more rustic elements like the old wooden crates and the driftwood lamp. The stainless steel kitchen cabinets have me thinking I might want to reconsider my own plans for white cabinetry. Here are some of my favorite images from the interiors:




2 comments:

Liz Fenton said...

I like the bathroom! Ikea has stainless kitchen cabinets that are nice looking--Lynne is thinking of using them. The only problem, based on stainless steel appliances, is that they get lots of greasy finger prints and are harder to keep clean than painted surfaces.

Elizabeth said...

I think the metal clip-on lamps at the top of this post are from Ikea and about $10. We used 4 of them in the kids room at the top of bookshelves but pointed them upwards and have them plugged in to an outlet controlled by a wall switch. They function nicely as the main light for the room.

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger