Pasta With Squid Tomatoes and Capers

Monday, January 18, 2010


I'm hopelessly in love with the new Gourmet Today cookbook. Like the yellow The Gourmet Cookbook, this tome is proving to be a reliable source of great recipes. On Saturday night I decided to make the book's Pasta with Squid, Tomatoes, and Capers. I was intrigued by the combination of squid, tomatoes, capers and of all things: raisins. Well, the unusual combo turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. Plus, I was thrilled to discover cleaned squid is a very affordable seafood option at my local market.

Eat it all while it's hot, this dish loses some of its luster upon re-heating (though it was still quite good). Note: The recipe says it serves four as a first course and two as a main dish, but there was enough for at least three servings of this yummy pasta as a main.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger