Bookshelf Room Divider

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I spotted this smart (and affordable) way to divide two spaces in an old issue of Martha Stewart Living. Two short, wide bookcases have been stacked on top of one another to separate the rooms shown here. The top bookcase faces in to the dining area and holds dishes. While the bottom case faces in towards the entryway and has been kitted out with sliding doors. Hooks are attached to the back of the top bookcase on the entryway side. If I ever get around to my closet demolition, I think I could create a similar kind of bookshelf divide between the entrance to my apartment and the living space itself. In any case, it’s certainly a clever idea, isn’t it?

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger