Minimalist Alarm Clocks Round-Up

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Our alarm clock recently stopped working (quite possibly after having been fiddled with by a curious toddler), and I found myself on the hunt for an affordable, attractive and most-importantly unobtrusive model for my bedside table. I was surprised to discover how hard it is to find one (even an expensive one!), so I thought I'd share some of the better-looking ones that I found.

I'll confess that I ended up buying a discontinued Muji clock from an eBay seller in Japan because I couldn't find one that I really loved. (I know, I know.) For the less picky, Muji does still make this nice Analog Alarm Clock, $29 (above). Here are 8 more options for minimalist alarm clocks:

Designed by Dieter Rams, the Braun Square Quartz Alarm is a classic; it's available in white and black for $32 at yliving.com.

Read on for 7 more minimalist clocks:



L.L. Bean sells a few retro-looking alarm clocks. I like the looks of both the Moonbeacm Clock, $60, below:


And the 1931 Big Ben Alarm Clock, $45, in both the Mariner Blue and Ivory.

Lexon's Cubissiomo LCD Clock is a more contemporary-looking clock, available in 6 colors from the Cooper Hewitt's design shop.


Kikkerland sells a tiny Alarm Clock with Stand for just $15 (also available in red and black). They have a few other nice-looking options, as well.
This Extra Large Display Digital Alarm Clock, $18 (on sale), from Target.com is nice-looking, but reviewers complain that the display is very bright (a deal breaker for me, but maybe a plus for others).
This wood Cube Alarm Clock seems to be available from a variety of sellers, but Amazon.com has a good price ($16 for the black) and lots of options of wood and LED hues.
Lastly, I've always admired Areaware's Alarm Dock for the iPhone 4, which you use with a flip-clock app like Fliqlo. It looks like they're no longer manufacturing it, but some vendors still have them in stock, including Amazon.com.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger