Mason Jar Soap Pump Kit

Wednesday, March 18, 2015


About four and a half years ago, I made a vintage mason jar into a soap pump for Country Living magazine. The image ran as a full-page opener to the Idea Notebook section, and it could not have been more popular with readers.

Since then, I have seen similar mason jar soap dispensers all over the internet, at the Brooklyn Flea, and even in major retailers. I was surely not the only one to come up with the adaptation, but it tickles me that the idea was such a hit. There's nothing wrong with a brand-new version (and avoiding the drilling is a plus!), but the charm of the one I made lay in the patina on the jar.

I just discovered that you can buy a kit that adapts any mason jar into a pump! The Transform Mason Jar Lid Pumps cost just $4 on Amazon.com. It give you the best of both worlds: You can use a charming vintage jar, but you have a ready-made top to finish it off. I love it.



There's a whole new world of mason jar toppers that are really quite clever, but I'll save that for another post.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger