Plastic-Free Alternatives to Plastic Wrap and Ziploc Bags

Saturday, January 17, 2015

One of my goals for 2015 is to consume less, and in particular to consume less plastic. If we didn't already have enough reasons to avoid plastic, the latest news that replacements for BPA are just as dangerous as BPA certainly has me weary of any plastics that come into contact with my food.

 I've already donated by plastic tupperware to the Goodwill in exchange for glass and stainless steel containers, but I am on the hunt for alternatives to plastic baggies, cling wrap, and even wax paper and tinfoil. Here are a few of the products and projects that have caught my eye:


DIY produce bags made from dishtowels
We have tons of old dish towels that I could easily stitch into produce bags. I love the idea of upcycling towels instead of buying something new to replace our plastic bags.


Ambatalia Linen Dish Covers
Non-coated, these linen covers are elasticized to stretch over bowls.


Beeswrap
This company sells fabric infused with beeswax, jojoba oil and tree resin in a variety of sizes.


Abeego
Similar to beeswrap, Abeego is also fabric coated with a blend of beeswax, jojoba oil and tree resin that is available in a variety of sizes.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger