7 More DIY Christmas Gift Ideas

Thursday, December 04, 2014

It's just a few weeks until Christmas, which means it's time for another round of easy, DIY gift ideas. My family has decided to have a no-gift holiday this year (instead we'll spend some extra money on delicious things to do and eat together). However, if I were giving gifts this year, these handmade ideas would be at the top of my list:


I love the utilitarian simplicity of this trivet made from wooden clothespins from the book, Sweet Paul Eat and Make.


Here's a craft I made for Country Living magazine years ago: Jewelry magnets. Vintage brooches and pins are glued to strong magnets to make decorative fridge magnets.


Colorful lanyards were used to make these camp-inspired crafts from Martha Stewart Living. If you wanted to avoid the plastic, you could use colored suede lace instead.


A super-practical gift, these simple drawstring bags are great for shoes, but I can think of dozens of other uses. Find the full tutorial for the drawstring shoe bags on The Purl Bee.


I couldn't resist this sweet idea for a DIY moon clock, which I found on the blog Hellobee. It could be a great gift for a kid or a grown-up (I know I'd love to receive it).


I love vintage linen tea towels, but they can be hard to find in good condition (and new ones seem to cost a small fortune). Make your own with directions from the blog Everyday Occasions. I'd stencil them en masse, so that I had a few extra gifts on-hand.


I came across this stone alphabet idea idea on Pinterest, which lead me to a Spanish blog. Based on the Google translation, the blogger just used markers to write on the stones--easy! It's sweet and simple idea for early readers.

Check out 7 DIY Christmas Gift Ideas from 2014.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger