Weekly Digest 11.21.14

Friday, November 21, 2014


Happy Friday! It's been a cold, cold week here in New York, and I'm excited for the weekend. We'll be finalizing our Thanksgiving menu and getting ready for our houseguests in anticipation of the mini-holiday next week. Here's what's been on my mind this week:

I seriously cannot wait to try these savory tart recipes from Pistache. 

For a slightly more healthy veggie dish, I've got my eye on Wild Apple's Celeriac Potato Gratin.

Renzo Piano's micro-home, 'diogene.' So. Chic.

The founder of the Container Store is working on a green alternative to Home Depot.

I bought a pair of Darn Tough Socks. Made in the USA, they have a lifetime guarantee.

I spied these gorgeous (but wildly expensive!) water filters at ABC Home--wow, right?

"Slow building" in Brooklyn.

These "tool pegs" from Brook Farm General Store are a great storage solution.

AirBnB is launching its own magazine! (AirBnB, if you need writers, I'm available!)

I'm intrigued by Vokashi, a compost service for urban dwellers.

...and a great design for a compost bin.

I've noticed a trend of winemakers going naked at our local wine shop.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger