Farro, Pea Shoot and Goat Cheese Salad

Thursday, May 24, 2012


Right now, I'm having a little love affair with farro. I made this Farro, Pea Shoot, and Goat Cheese Salad from Whole Living magazine last night, and it was a delicious, fresh recipe. I changed the proportions slightly using a little less grain and more than doubling the pea tendrils for a more veggie-centric recipe, but stuck to the recommended proportions for seasoning and accents. However, it ended up being a pretty pricey little side dish with $2.50 worth of peas, $2 worth of pea tendrils and about a dollar's worth of goat cheese -- not to mention the pantry items like almonds, lemon and farro.

I also make Gabrielle Hamilton's Braised Chicken Legs with Shallots and Vinegar, which appeared in House Beautiful magazine. It came out all right, but there was definitely something off about the proportions -- too much liquid for the braise, I think. If I were going to make it again, I'd pre-mix the vinegar, cider and stock and then add it to the pan so that it came halfway up on the chicken, rather than dumping everything in according to her instructions.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger