The Famed Life-Sized Gingerbread House

Monday, December 12, 2011


I've had a lot of nutty assignments over the years, but when my editor at ShelterPop called me last year to ask if I'd be willing to help her build a life-sized gingerbread house, it was definitely a unique challenge. Of my many projects for ShelterPop, helping to help plan and build a life-sized gingerbread house that was donated to St. Jude's Children's Hospital was my favorite. We had a ton of fun building it, and it was even sweeter knowing it was for a good cause. If you're curious about how we built it, check out this video.


I made the gumdrop wreath in advance, using a styrofoam wreath form and a LOT of gumdrops. To secure them to the form, I spiked each drop on a toothpick, covered the bottom in hot glue and pressed it into the wreath.


Editors brought in their kids to help. It was lots of fun "working" with the kiddos.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger