Thoughts on Food

Monday, October 04, 2010

I don't know when or where I came across this photo, but I love the sentiment of this vintage poster, which reads:

Food:
1. Buy it with though
2. Cook it with care
3. Use less wheat & meat
4. Buy local foods
5. Serve just enough
6. Use what is left
Don't Waste It.

A quick googling reveals that it's a World War I era poster to raise awareness about food supply issues during the war. I'm struck by how relevant the ideas are today -- the words could have easily been written by Mark Bittman or Alice Waters.

Speaking of food, I have lots of fun recipes to share with you later this week: I was swamped with work the last two weeks and have lots to catch up on!

2 comments:

flwrjane said...

World War 1,no way. Love this, so appropriate.

Renée Finberg said...

sweet post.
and i LOVE your banner.

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger