Vampire Party for All You

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Earlier this year, I had the pleasure to work with All You magazine for the first time. I contributed some of the crafts for a vampire-themed party in their October issue. I am particularly proud of my bat invitations which had movable wings (above), but overall, I am super-thrilled with how this story turned out! Here are all of the crafts I contributed.

A "bat-mobile" made from a spray-painted embroidery hoops, ribbon, thread and black, paper bats.

Black paper treat bags cut down to look like tombstones and "engraved" with a white paint pen.

Family photos are doctored for the party with white paper fangs.

A spooky centerpiece of black flowers and spray-painted fake fruit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing and impressive! Out of curiosity what did you study and how did you get into your line of work? Pondering a career switch

Elizabeth said...

I cannot wait until L & O are big enough that I can host a Halloween party for them! The fang photos are hilarious! Louisa wants to be a cowgirl this year (a pink one of course). Erin says no to Oben as a cow or bull - any other ideas?

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger