A Real Sofa for the Big 3-0

Friday, July 09, 2010

Some of you may recall the saga of the broken Ikea sofa earlier this year. At the time, I couldn't stomach spending nearly $2,000 on a new sofa, so we patched the old Ikea model up with some contact cement and supported the break in the frame with a stack of book. This jerry-rigged sofa has held up over the last six months, but it's not a permanent solution.

I'm turning 30 next month (gasp!), and I figure if I'm finally old enough to have a real couch. I think I'm going to take the plunge and buy the Jasper sofa from Room & Board. I'm leaning towards the Straw colored upholstery (above, $1,399) and a Danish Linen slipcover (below, $399). I need a slipcover that can be washed -- trust me. What do you think, dear readers, is this the right sofa for me? I'm having a hard time reconciling myself to spending all that money.

1 comments:

Liz Fenton said...

I think you should do it, and some birthday $ might make a considerable dent in the purchase price (since it is a big birthday!). And, yes, get the slipcover, in case you end up with a dog some day.

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger