My Office Space

Friday, July 23, 2010

Even before my boyfriend moved in, it was clear that one of us needed to find an office space outside of the home, as neither of us has a 9 to 5 type of job. Since I spend more time at a desk than he does, I volunteered to be the one to hunt for a space and let him have the "office" in the bedroom.

I was extremely lucky to find a listing for an office share on Craigslist that turned out to have been posted by acquaintances of ours. At the beginning of June, I moved my computer, my files and my other office-like items into the new space, and I now happily commute four blocks to my shared office in a Brooklyn brownstone. Above is a quick snap of my desk, I didn't style it or Photoshop out the cords, so you're seeing it in all of its day-to-day glory.

And yes, I sit in that hard wood chair every day and most of the time, I'm perfectly comfortable. Perhaps one day a fancy Herman Miller chair will be in the budget.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger