Small Spaces for Dapper Boys

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This apartment featured in last week's home section of The New York Times, was a great example of a lot of style (and a lot of stuff) packed into a small space. However, I don't believe for a moment that, that apartment is only 178 square feet. Having lived in a 265-square foot space for several years, I am certain that the space seen in these images is much closer to 300 square feet than 200.

The tiny apartment reminded me of another small space which ran in New York magazine last year. The dorm room of undergraduate Maximilian Sinsteden is probably a lot closer to the under-200 square feet estimate--and even though it's a dorm room, it's also a heck of a lot more stylish, in my humble opinion.

I mean, look at this salon-style wall hanging below. In my book, that beats the wooden tennis rackets and framed school map above. It's no surprise that Maximilian knows how to decorate: New York notes, he was an intern for decorator Charlotte Moss.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger