Teeny Tiny Apartments

Thursday, August 28, 2008

There's an interesting article in the San Francisco Chronicle today about a new residential development of "micro units" (studios measuring less than 350 square feet). While the design looks fresh and modern, the article's secription doesn't sound like the best use of the space. The article refers to two-burner cooktops and mini sinks. I managed to have a four-burner stove with an oven and a full-size sink in my little studio on 10th Street, which makes me wonder why they couldn't have fit in here. I also think staging the spaces with sofa beds is a little silly--I don't know anyone who'd opt for a sofa bed as her day-to-day bed. Do you? What about a Murphy bed?

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I swear, you'd think the Murphy Bed people were giving you a commission! I think the Murphy is a better long term solution, but I'll bet it's easier and cheaper to stage with a sofa bed. I've had a futon sofa bed as my bed and it didn't get put back to a sofa as often as it should have. But I can see the Murphy being a tough sell for the uninitiated.

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger