The New Little House

Thursday, November 02, 2006



Here are a few pictures of the new apartment out in Brooklyn, which I am still in the process of buying. (God willing, I will have closed on this one before Thanksgiving.) Though I'm not going to count on that. It often seems this will never be over. The whole process has been so stressful and time-consuming. I'm going to be so happy when I can finally stop thinking about it.

The apartment is a one bedroom on the ground floor of a pre-war brick building. I'm trying to get out to the apartment to take some more exact measurements this weekend and I'll snap some better photos then. These really don't give you a good idea of what the place looks like, but it's at least a hint. Please ignore the terrible furnishings they have "staged" it with. I'll also be posting a list of planned improvements shortly. I've planned it as a two stage makeover, with the first round being a sort of Band-Aid until I can afford to do more serious renovation. (You'll see why the Band-Aid is needed when I get pictures of the bathroom and kitchen posted.) I also believe you've to to live in a space and use it before you make any decisions about how to remodel. I can't wait to get in there and get down to work.

0 comments:

 

the little house in the city © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger